From: Make it Fast, Cook is Slow
Tried a new slow-cooker recipe tonight... pretty good, I might make a few changes if I made it again, but Shane gave it a good rating.
1 lb cooked chicken (cubed or shredded - I did shredded)
1 small sweet potato, pealed and cut in 1 inch cubes
1 cup frozen or fresh corn
1 red onion, diced
1 (18-oz) bottle your favorite bbq sauce, we used Kraft Honey Hickory BBQ
1/4 cup hot water
The cornbread topping
3/4 cup cornmeal
1-1/4 cups of flour
1 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 teapoon baking powder
Spray inside of slow-cooker. Add chicken, sweet potato, corn and onion. Pour BBQ sauce in and then put hot water in bbq sauce bottle, shake, and pour in. Mix well wih a spoon.
In a mixing bowl, mix together cornbread topping ingredients with a fork. Spread onto the chicken mixture. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until the cornbread has browned, and starts to pull away from the sides.
***If I try again, I may just try to use a jiffy cornbread mix... the topping was the only part I wasn't crazy about.
No comments:
Post a Comment